The Arts Institute Group of Merrimack Valley, Inc. invites graduating seniors in the class of 2019 at Merrimack Valley High Schools to apply to our annual scholarship program. This year, we will award a scholarship program. This year, we will award a scholarship to the graduate who most successfully fulfills the following qualifications:
- Be accepted to a College, University or Art School
- Be planning to major in Art or Art related study
- Produce 3 examples of their Art work to be viewed by the judges
- Be recommended by a teacher or guidance counselor
- Complete and submit an application and essay– stating their interest and commitment to continue their studies in the field of Art to the address below. Documents may also be scanned and emailed to AIGMVsubmissions@gmail.com. Applications must be received by: April 15, 2019.
The date for judging is: April 27, 2019. On that day, applicants should bring their Art work to Methuen Community TV (MCTV), 20 Aegean Drive, Unit 11, Methuen, MA at 11:00am and return at 3:00pm on the same day to collect their work. The scholarship recipient and their sponsor will be informed via mail/email.
Wednesday, May 15th at 7:00pm at MCTV, where Ryan Bennett, our Scholarship Chairperson, and his Scholarship Committee will present our annual $1,000.00 Art Scholarship to a deserving art student going on to art school this Fall. In addition to the $1,000.00 we will also be donating two Runner Up checks to two additional students, for $100.00 each (donated by an anonymous donor), as the Scholarship Committee felt that these students needed to be awarded a prize in recognition for their beautiful art work.